Samsung galaxy note is the first phablet in the world, launched in the year 2011. The idea was to combine phone + tablet experience on a larger device. hence it was named a phablet. After the success of this grand device samsung and other manufacturers decided to design their own phablets, samsung also released the second version of note, Samsung Galaxy note 2 and it was a huge hit. later this year, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was also announced.
Now, that the device is almost 2year old, the phone isn’t really going to get any further updates as it’s still stuck on 4.1.2 Jellybean. Users who are rooted can install custom roms to experience Android 4.4 KitKat on their Galaxy Note GT N7000.
Without any further delay, lets get to rooting this amazing device!
1. Samsung Galaxy Note running 4.1.2 Jellybean or 4.0.4 ICS with atleast 50% battery charge left.
2. SD Card. (You Require the sd card to root the device.)
3. Rooting files, Download these files from here :-
NOTE : THIS TUTORIAL IS ONLY FOR GT N7000 MODEL. ROOTING YOUR ANDROID DEVICE VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY, THOUGH YOU CAN UNROOT TO CLAIM WARRANTY. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE.
IMPORTANT : DO NOT WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE! BE WARNED!
1. Download both zip files and copy them to the External sd card (Do not move to the internal memory, this won’t work)
2. power off your Device. boot into recovery mode by holding ‘volume up button’ + ‘Home button’ then press the ‘power on/off button for just 5 seconds. KEEP HOLDING THE BUTTONS AFTER YOU SEE YOUR DEVICE BOOT.
3. (Using the volume up and down buttons to scroll and power button to confirm/proceed) Choose ‘Install update from external SD‘ and then choose the file ‘Root SuperSu zip‘ which we downloaded earlier and choose ‘Yes‘
4. Go back to the main menu (recovery) again choose ‘Install update from External SD‘ and choose ‘Root Busybox zip‘ and choose ‘Yes‘
5. Go back again to the main menu and ‘reboot‘. After you reboot normally, you will see ‘SuperSu‘ app installed on your device.
Congratulations! Your device has been ROOTED Successfully! :)
Leave your comments below if this worked for you, as this will help other fellow Note users. Happy rooting!
The following two tabs change content below.
Hassan is a die-hard Android fan, Passionate tech blogger and the Founder,editor-in-chief of TheAndroidCop.com. He loves everything related to technology, design, and Google. Most of the time, you will find Hassan either programming or listening to some groovy music.